- Nepeta cataria or Cat-mint
- Glechoma hederacea or Ground-ivy
- Prunella spp or Selfheals
- Clinopodium spp. or Calamints
- Origanum vulgare or Wild Marjoram
- Thymus spp or Thymes
- Lycopus europaeus or Gypsywort
- Mentha or the Mints
- Salvia or Sage
The following will be highlighted this week:
- Lycopus europaeus or Gypsywort.
- Mentha or Mints.
- From this large genus, Salvia or Sage, only 2 are native: S. pratensis or Meadow Clary and S. verbenaca or Wild Clary.
Most information is copied from the Medicinal Flora, Wikipedia and other fabulous websites and links are provided on the various plants covered as well as on difficult scientific or medical terms.
Blue background for intersting facts, green background for various uses and pink for medicinal uses.Continue reading “The Deadnettle family or Lamiaceae: part 3”